Isn’t life a journey?
I don’t know how you define life, but for me life is a journey. A journey to find our selves; our gifts, our talents, our strengths and weaknesses. Our abilities! To find who we really are. How tough we are. How good we are. How best our attempts are to address, overcome, settle anything that is purposely created to define us. Through the problems that come to pass. Temporarily stayed. Just to drive us crazy. Twisting us! Spinning us! Knocking us around! Yet at the same time bless us with its own ways. Ways that only God knows how to make smile.
This morning I praised God in my quiet time as I reflected back every problem I faced in August. Yeah. So many problems came into my life last month. So many conflicts. I was attacked from many sides. A lot of things upset me. Putting me down. Left me with tears.
But, despite of the ups and downs I experienced, the pressures I got, the mistakes I made, people’s attitude and behaviors toward me, the misconception, I thanked God for the learning happened. For His intervention. For the solution. Way out! For His presence in all that I went through. For never leaving nor forsaking me. For His absolute control in all that happened and will happen in the future. And moreover, for making Him self known through His works when resolving my problems or when He choose to keep silent.
No one knows what will happen to me this month. No one is able to predict what problems I would get. Not even Me. But knowing God would never leave me, that I can trust Him at all times and in any conditions or circumstances, I have nothing to worry about. There’s certainly a bit of fear or worry. It’s natural as a human. But I must not allow the fear taking control myself so I forget that I have God who can be relied upon.
Problems. Hardships. Heartaches. They come with a purpose or purposes. And one that I love most about them is, they are brought to help me grow. Grow in many ways. Mentally, emotionally and especially spiritually.
God said something to me in
John 14:13-14: And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.
and then
Psalm 28:6-7: Praise be to the LORD, for he has heard my cry for mercy. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.
Now, I am given the opportunity and trusted to deal with some LIFE PROBLEMS again in this new month. But I trust God will help me to get through everything He allows me to experience. And I’m happy to find that all problems given, is brought, permitted to happen, designed, to teach me to look at my life through a different lens. A chance to know God deeper. Better!
Yes. Life is a journey. A journey with God. That’s why we must be able to enjoy it. Because no matter how unpleasant the journey is, how painful it is to live, how torturing it is to deal with, and how crazy the journey for us, God is there. In the journey. Waiting for us to get together with Him to enjoy the life and experience Him.
So I started this month with a prayer :
”Dear Lord, help me to always realize your presence every day. In any case. And make me able to dive the purpose and Your will in my life. Glorify your name Lord. Throughout my life. So everyone sees the Lord I have. I will live every day by faith. Please allow me to enjoy Your work again and again. Let me depend on You. And let my heart clings to you. So that only Your will is my desire.“
A new month is entered, again with God’s never-ending inclusion …